REQUEST FOR QUALIFICATIONS (RFQ) 15-02
FOR MANAGEMENT OF LITHONIA AMPHITHEATER
The facility has an uncovered seating area for about 1,200 persons. There are lawn areas that could accommodate an additional 500 persons. There is also VIP table seating for about 150 persons. (Total seating capacity is approximately 2,000). The facility has limited amenities with a small indoor area that can be used as a dressing room, and/or office, and two restrooms with a total of four toilets. The prospective Management Company will have to be creative because of the limited resources for a budget. The position is solely compensated by commission earnings. However, the LDDA may consider other creative approaches that are presented.The Management Company will work as an independent contractor for the LDDA who is contracted to oversee the management of the Amphitheater on behalf of the City of Lithonia. The Management Company will be expected to develop a business plan for the operation and promotion of the facility.
A significant objective is the booking of rentals for this facility. Rentals can begin in April of each year and should continue through October annually. Rentals can consist of but are not limited to, radio stations presenting their own concert series, local arts groups, church, school groups and festivals presented by other organizations.The LDDA requests that the following considerations be taken into account. The proposed performing arts season should run from the first weekend in May through the first weekend in October. Due to the location of the Lithonia Amphitheater, performances are limited to Friday, Saturday or Sunday during the months that the DeKalb County School System is in session. Rehearsals may be conducted on Thursday evenings as long as they are completed by 9:30 PM. During the months that DeKalb County Schools are not in session, concerts or other activities may be conducted any day of the week as deemed appropriate by the Management Company. Any variance from this time frame must be presented to the LDDA for approval. Weekday school performances are permitted year round as long as no performance begins before 9:30 AM.
Standard program hours will be between 9:00 AM and 11:00 PM. All performances must conclude by 11:00 PM with exceptions to be made for rain delays. Concert and performance schedules and ticket information will be available during standard office hours, Monday through Friday from 9:00 AM until 4:30 PM. Ticket sales times will be established based on the performance schedule. Gates will open a minimum of one hour before the performance is to begin.
The schedule of fees, rental, and ticket prices set by the Management Company shall be submitted, in writing, for approval by the Lithonia Downtown Development Authority (LDDA) prior to announcing this information to the public. The LDDA does recognize that the Management Company may be presented with options for negotiating with subcontractors to compete with other facilities, therefore the method for resolving such situations will be reviewed and decided at the time of an awarded management contract. Bookings shall be given the following order of preference: Management Company, Lithonia DDA, City of Lithonia, Lithonia community groups and businesses, and then all others.
The LDDA is requesting that the following 12 items be addressed in response to the Request for Qualifications to demonstrate the capabilities and working knowledge of the prospective Management Company to operate an outdoor venue:
- Projected season length, number, and types of performances or events
- Ticket prices to include variance due to lawn, table or theater seating
- Projected revenues for the season
- Projected operational costs
- Proposed staffing levels and costs
- Description of Equipment needs and projected costs
- Description of Sponsorship and Marketing plans, and other Financial Resources
- Projected capital improvements, costs, and timeline
- Event Parking plans
- Event security arrangements and costs
- Employment opportunities for local residents
- Vendor and concession opportunities
The LDDA, at its sole discretion, may reject any or all proposals submitted in response to this Request for Qualifications (RFQ). The LDDA shall not be liable for any costs incurred in connection with the preparation and submission of any proposal. In the event the LDDA accepts a proposal, a management agreement may be awarded to the Company who has submitted a proposal deemed to be in the best interest of the LDDA and the City of Lithonia. The LDDA reserves the right to negotiate the final terms of the agreement with one or more Management Companies.
In the event of an award of a contract agreement, the Management Company will be required to provide reports during the performing arts season of all revenues and expenses. These reports are subject to be determined on a bi-weekly or monthly basis. The Management Company will also be required to meet minimum insurance requirements as required by the LDDA and City of Lithonia that are consistent with state requirements. The Management Company will be expected to have applicable performance bonds for subcontracted venues. Additional requirements for consideration for selection include the following: E-Verify and other Affidavits, Hold Harmless Agreement for Indemnification, EEOC Compliance, Business References and Personal References.
Insurance: Comprehensive general liability insurance covering the Premises with coverage of at least $1,000,000.00 per occurrence, inclusive of personal injury, bodily injury, death, and property damage, and with an aggregate limit of at least $2,000,000.00 per year, which policies insure against all liability.
1. Have a minimum of three (3) years of experience within the last ten (10) years in management and operation of a similar type facility of indoor or outdoor to include hiring and supervising staff, maintaining budget, managing novelties, and concessions, and maintaining facility and equipment; and/or
2. Possess a competent record of employment or history of contract service to a public agency in the operation of a similar performing arts center or other facilities, as verified and supported by three (3) references or letters.
Submission of Qualification Responses
1. The response must be submitted typed on 8 ½ x 11 white paper with no smaller than a 12-point font.
2. Ten (10) copies of the response must be submitted.
3. The LDDA will accept no electronic, telegraphic or telephonic proposals.
4. The response to the RFQ must be delivered to the following location:
6920 Main Street
Lithonia, Georgia 30058
ATTN: Amphitheater RFQ 15-02
5. All responses must be received no later than 4:00 PM on Tuesday, June 6, 2017. (NEW DATE)
The LDDA will schedule interviews for candidates with qualifications and responses that meet the objectives of the LDDA.