Mayor and Council
The City of Lithonia is governed by a Mayor and a 5 member Council, all elected to 4 year terms. The Council is tasked with providing unsurpassed governmental duties through several avenues.
Mayor Deborah A. Jackson
Council Member William “Ric” Dodd
Council Member Fred Douglas Reynolds, Sr.
Mayor Pro Tem Tracy-Ann Williams
- Adopt ordinances, resolutions, policies and regulations for the health, safety and welfare of the current and future citizens
- Create departments, offices and citizen advisory committees necessary for the efficient and effective operation of the City
- Participate in community strategic and long-range planning
- Approve the municipal boundaries, sphere of influence and all annexations of land into the City
- Approve all zoning changes, subdivisions and commercial and industrial site plans. Approve all development agreements with residential, commercial and industrial developers
- Adopt the annual City budget